In the blink of an eye, the holiday season is upon us and being celebrated in ways different than most of us have experienced in our lifetimes. We’ve seen record setting numbers of online shopping in 2020 prior to the holiday season and we are only seeing those numbers continue to grow through the remainder of the year.
We saw staggering numbers from Black Friday and Cyber Monday, despite foot traffic on Black Friday being down 52%. Adobe Analytics, predicted online sales for the entire holiday season to be $184 billion, a 30% increase from last year, according to CNBC. With record numbers like these, and COVID still being a major concern, it’s more important than ever to look for new ways to reach your audience through your advertising efforts in the coming year.
One of our customers – a global technology company – did just that before the holiday rush this year. They created a branded online sales event specifically for gamers with the goal of driving brand preference and incremental sales for the manufacturers that use their technology. They partnered with us to implement a three phased advertising journey that:
- Connected with historically hard-to-reach gamers via video and display ads promoting the sales event
- Gathered real-time feedback on purchase intent from the gamers using ViralGain’s Survey Suite
- Retargeted high and low intent gamers with different messages to drive them to the sales event
Here’s a sneak peak of the results:
- 12.2% lift in purchase intent
- 15K+ click-throughs to the sales event page in under 10 days
- 31% of people who reported low intent after watching one brand ad, ended up reporting high intent after seeing an alternative brand ad.
If you’re interested in reading the full case study, to see how we enhanced their advertising in advance of the event, you can read the full case study below!