In past years, if you were to read any industry report and article, or eavesdrop on a conversation about the future of marketing, it’s safe to say that the chatter was dominated by the hottest buzzword at the time: “online video.” Although the buzzword hasn’t changed, it’s no longer the future of marketing strategies—online video is right now.
Today, everyone and anyone is faced with the unavoidable truth of this increasingly digital age: staying current is half the battle. As a result, more and more people are discovering that the best way to keep up with a constantly changing consumer in an unpredictable environment is through online video.
Despite that online video is becoming more of a necessity than a possibility, marketers are often met with a big challenge—other than budgets: convincing decision-makers to stray from traditional, and time-tested, methods toward this newer approach.
So, whether you are a part of an SMB, brand or agency, here’s what your boss will want to hear when it comes to online video…
- Brands and agencies rank video as the most effective form of native advertising.
- Today (yes, just today), 89 million people in the U.S. are going to watch 1.2 billion online videos.
- Online video marketing drives the bottom line. 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- In 2017, 74% of all Internet traffic will be video.
- It adds real value to brands, as 58% of worldwide marketing professionals say that digital video ads drive better engagement than TV ads.
- The video ad-sharing rate has increased 50X since 2006. Imagine the potential that holds going forward over the next eight years…
- The retention rate for visual information—such as video—can reach 65% versus only 10% for text-based information.
So, I’ve most likely already lost your attention, and the same would happen to you. Time to share information that will stick with the audience, with the help of visual aids…
- In January 2014, 190 million Americans, which represent 61% of the total population, watched 75.6 billion videos.
- In just one month, 85% of online users watched 397 videos, of which 143, or 36%, were advertisements.
- Advertisers are becoming aware of this market, as online video ad spending has more than doubled in the past few years.
Or, maybe the best way to persuade anyone to use online video is through online video itself. Shutterstock and comScore do just that as the two combine the same visuals from above to capture the growing power of online video with an online video, “Show Me Something.”
When it comes to proving the success of any technique or strategy, the response you’ll most likely be met with will be quite simple: “don’t tell me, show me.”
And your answer will be just as simple: that is the exact solution that online video provides.