Senior/Principal Data Scientist
What We’re Looking For
ViralGains is seeking a dynamic, well-rounded data scientist to join our team and help shape the future of AI at our company. With a passion for uncovering valuable solutions in large data sets, you will leverage machine learning algorithms, statistical and data science approaches to research, develop, and implement new and existing solutions/features to inform and advance our product offerings. As an end-to-end individual contributor, you will take ownership of designing, researching, building, delivering, and refining data-focused AI products for our clients.
As a key member of the team, you will also help to drive the strategic direction of data science initiatives, promoting innovation and continuously seeking out new strategies and technologies that help us to drive exponential growth through cutting-edge AI tools. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is unafraid to challenge convention and break free from traditional ways of thinking; someone whose capacity for learning and innovation surpasses any knowledge they may have: we’re seeking someone who doesn’t just have the answers, but who possesses the creative flair to conceive solutions that others have yet to imagine and tackle questions that haven’t even been asked.
As Senior/Principal Data Scientist you will report directly to the President & COO of ViralGains and have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and supportive team at the forefront of transforming the way brands and consumers interact. If you are up for a challenge, have a passion for data, and are eager to make a big impact, we would love to hear from you!
A Day in the Life
- Leading the improvement, development, and implementation of machine learning algorithms/models to maximize the value of the ViralGains Odyssey™ platform for its customers, primarily through the optimization of ViralGains’ core AI product, VoiceAlike®
- Continuously identifying and exploring new & unconventional data sources, generating hypotheses, and designing effective experiments to continuously iterate and improve algorithm performance
- Analyzing and interpreting complex data sets using statistical techniques and ML algorithms to draw insights and discover trends and patterns, and inform strategy across various sides of the business
- Partnering with Product & Client teams to implement and enhance data-driven client solutions, ensuring data quality/integrity, and constantly testing & monitoring the performance of all products
- Staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in data science and machine learning and helping apply this knowledge to the company’s products and services, and internal operations where possible
- Acting as a subject matter expert and advisor to business stakeholders, providing guidance on data science best practices, and helping to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Collaborating on (and then helping to implement) the company’s data science strategy, aligning it with business objectives, and ensuring that data science is integrated into all appropriate areas of the company
We are looking for people who work smart every day and produce results consistently. The minimum qualifications we are looking for are as follows:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., computer science, mathematics)
- Extensive experience in data science, including machine learning and statistical analysis
- Programming skills in at least one language (e.g., Python, R, Java)
- A sustained track record of delivering self-directed, end-to-end high-impact data science projects (ideation to implementation)
- Highly Preferred, though not required: prior experience working in AdTech/MarTech
Our Commitment to You
It is our team’s mission to ensure each and every individual at ViralGains wakes up in the morning and says to themselves honestly: “Oh yeah… I’m looking forward to doing this thing” — Towards our fulfillment of that mission, these are our commitments to you:
- Autonomy: granting you complete freedom to make decisions & control your destiny/success at ViralGains.
- Challenge: we believe in the value of pushing one another to be the best versions of ourselves every day; without challenge, there is no personal growth, and the opposite of growth is atrophy. Our promise is to challenge you at VG every day with the intention of helping you become adept at tackling whatever endeavors you choose to pursue and what challenges may come your way outside of work, both in your personal life & post-VG career.
- Work-Life Balance: sustained growth is impossible without the sustained tenure of our teammates; we don’t measure people by how many hours they work or how much they are in the office (we don’t even go into the office lol), nor do we aspire to achieve short-term growth at the expense of burn out. Instead, we place great emphasis on work-life balance and family time: a “take what you need” PTO policy is offered to each and every team member from Day 1.
- Competitive Starting Benefits & Compensation with meaningful upside that rewards and celebrates when we succeed. We encourage you to ask us about all that goes into this during the interview process; too much to list out!
- Core Values: we expect you to live by them, and we expect you to expect us to do the same. Our values are the core tenant of our commitment to one another which makes life at work all the more fun, meaningful, and fulfilling. Imagine coming in every day (metaphorically speaking..), knowing that every person you interact with is someone you can learn from & respect. Our six core values:
- Love & Respect Towards One Another & Our Customers
- Deliver Awesomeness Through Everything We Do
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Do What You Promise
- Run at Challenges
- We Not I
ViralGains is the leading creative technology platform for powering a data engine that specializes in finding, understanding, nurturing, and acquiring customers across all phases of the digital journey. Headquartered in Boston, with locations in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and San Francisco, among others, the company powers results for the most successful advertisers, including 100+ of the Fortune 500 and half of the Fortune 10. For more information, please contact us at viralgainsstg.wpengine.com.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org